Monday, July 27, 2009

Coming in for a landing...

I hate the waiting game. Waiting for the BFP, waiting for that first set of beta numbers, waiting for the second round of beta numbers to see if they double, waiting to see if the numbers mean it's ectopic or just a slow rising hcg, waiting for the first ultrasound, waiting for the first methotrexate shot, waiting for the numbers to start to go down, waiting to technically be "not pregnant" anymore, waiting to start that first period, waiting for the next step in the whole dang process. We are currently in the "waiting to technically be "not pregnant" stage. I don't like this stage. It's like a holding pattern circling the airport, there's not much you can do until you receive clearance from the tower. My next round of bloodwork is scheduled for this Friday. Hopefully I will be below 5 and not something ridiculous like 7. I'm tired of being a pin cushion. I'll do enough of that with the first IVF cycle. Anyway, I'm ready to move on. Now I'm just waiting for clearance to do so.

TTFN,
Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Aaah, the waiting. It's the most torturous part for me, too. I wish I knew the secret password to make it go away or go faster or whatever. Sadly, the password has eluded me. So instead I'll wish you peace and comfort as you wait.

    ReplyDelete